Sunday 27 March 2011

Refreshed...

Phew! The anticipation itself is exhausting. Why do we devote so much of the racing year to the Cheltenham Festival? I feel so flat for at least 10 days afterwards... hence the absence! Felt like I had just completed a deep hock-heavy Eider!

Nevertheless, we can't ignore it! I have been trawling through the results to find at least six future winning prospects. To add to these I must mention Sprinter Sacre and First Lieutenant. To this eye, the latter is a future potential Gold Cup winner; oozing class like the same connections' War of Attrition. I hope a softly, softly approach is taken with him - first step should be the Arkle where he may well meet Nicky Henderson's gorgeous Supreme 3rd. What a prospect! No doubt Mr Nicholls and others will have a French import or two up their sleeves! Don't back them now though - it's a long way off. Strictly NR/NB!

I suspect the Neptune was a really good renewal and countless winners will spring from the pages. So Young did very well considering his lack of experience and we will never be absolutely sure how Oscars Well's mistake at the last affected the final result!

Enough for now - the six will follow shortly along with some thoughts on today's racing - how my Alert horses ran and how blue and pink have made me think!

Rm (Mark)

No comments:

Post a Comment